Elegant Riding Jacket – The Dublette ®
The Dublette, Expandable, Elegant Riding Jacket
The Dublette, expandable rain jacket is an elegant, light weight and waterproof jacket. It can expand over a back protector, backpack and/or bulky layers.
When one tightens the bungees on the back and down the sleeves, the Dublette takes on its most elegant form with a cinched waist and fishtail swing at the back. In addition, the Dublette has a detachable cape which adds extra waterproofing on the shoulders and take the brunt of heavy rain.
Benefits of The Dublette for horse-riding:
1. The tail at the back goes out over the back of the saddle keeping the seat of the saddle and your bottom dry! The fishtail can also be adjusted to create a gathered, rounder shape by pulling the bungees at the bottom of the jacket, still acting as protection over the back of the saddle.
2. The expandability of the jacket allows for back protectors to be worn underneath. It's great for layering up in winter too.
3. The reflective detail on the back and sleeves make it a good garment for hacking on country roads. And for even more high visibility, we would recommend the orange or pink high viz jacket.
NB: If riding in woodland, it is recommended that the bungees on the sleeve be reversed so that they sit to the back and don't catch on anything. This is done by simply pulling the sleeve up through the bungee criss-cross so that when straightened again, the bungees sit to the back of the sleeve.
Other features of the Dublette:
- Mesh lining with inside pocket
- Sealed seams
- Storm flap covering zip
- High visibility detail down sleeves and back
- Adjustable integrated hood
- Detachable cape
- Pockets in side seams
- Underarm ventilation zips
- Noiseless, waterproof (10,000mm) fabric, lovely soft handle
UK 4 - 8
UK 8 - 14
UK 16 - 20
UK 18 - 24
|Length at front|
|Length at back|
neck to waist
from underarm seams
|Max sleeve width||34||49.5||52||50|
|Min chest width||70||84||110||129|
|Max chest width||100||142||186.2||205|